June 16, 2014
Social Media Workshop
Attend Folio:’s Social Media Workshop to learn how niche magazine brands can leverage social media presence into new customers, new revenue and stronger engagement.
From followers to fans, from tweets to shares, social media has created vast new communities, many of them directly in your market. You probably have a social media presence, but that’s different from a strategy. We’ll show you how you can make the most of your time and resources and unleash the power of social media to take your social engagement efforts to meaningful new heights that produce revenue and increase engagement. From the giants, like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, to visual networks like Pinterest and Instagram, and more specialized social sites like Tumblr, Reddit, and Snapchat, you give us a few hours and we’ll give you the best ideas, the deepest case studies and most relevant, proven tactics for social media success.
At this workshop you’ll learn:
- Twitter Tactics & Strategies: Leading-edge ways to amplify and extend your brand’s voice and make the most of Twitter’s 140-character limit.
- Metrics That Matter: We’ll show you the best tools and tactics for tracking how your audience is engaging with your social presence—and isolate only the data you need to know to create actionable strategy.
- Optimize Your Facebook Newsfeed: As the network continues to tweak its content algorithms, we’ll show you how to interpret the changes into greater activity for your brand.
- Visual Storytelling: Engagement with visual content on Instagram and Pinterest, using video, still photos and images, slideshows and more.
- Mobile + Social Transformations: Mobile audiences interact differently with social on the mobile platform. We’ll show you proven device-centric engagement tactics.
- Native Advertising to Branded Content: We’ll define the world of custom ad solutions and help you maximize your position in it, including how to hone your services, operation and execution.
The “We’re Glad You’re Here” Networking Reception
You’ve made it to the Folio: Growth Summit! Kick things off with a bite and a cocktail and mingle with hundreds of fellow magazine-industry peers. It’s casual, it’s fun and it’s the perfect way to get things started. We’ll see you there!